What types of data does Appsee capture?
What Customer interactions are captured?
- Device hardware type
- Device locale
- Device operating system
- App version
- Network connectivity (WiFi / Cellular)
- Appsee internal user ID (sequential ID)
- Session start time
- Session duration
- Sessions location (country + city, determined from the IP address but the IP is not stored / saved)
- Names of visited screens
- User actions (button clicks, list selections)
- Custom actions
- Location of every gesture (excluding keyboard taps).
- Crash information (if relevant)
We automatically tag ViewControllers in iOS and Activities in Android as screens, AlertController in iOS as popups and menus (by preferred type) and AlertDialog in Android (with a visible ListView that is not scrollable is a menu otherwise it's a popup). We also automatically tag and label each button tap, list selection, input field edits and all other user actions.
Manual tagging is also possible using our various SDK methods: see more info here https://www.appsee.com/docs/ios/api
*Tag sessions with your Custom User ID to cross reference tagging with other sources, resolve disputes and provide support.
*Tag GPS base location tagging to get a deeper understanding of the context in which your app was used.
*Tag Custom events such as purchasing, sharing ,rating etc. to monitor desired and unfavorable user behavior.
Did you find this article helpful?